Who would have known that there are actually health benefits to drinking booze ! Of course everything in moderation is the key here but we take a look at the top 5 health benefits of alcohol!
- Red wine may protect against the common cold! Doctors have worked out that drinking a red wine can help develop an immunity against the 200 viruses that trigger the common cold. The study found that people who had more than 14 glasses of wine a week had a 40 per cent lower risk of getting sick with the flu.
2. Drinking wine can slow down the aging process. This is one of the more common known benefits of wine, based on the belief that the antioxidants soak up damaging free radicals that play a part in aging the skin.
3. Red wine can help prevent heart disease. Again based on the antioxidants in the grapes, has a beneficial effect on the heart. The skins of certain red wine grapes, which are used in the fermenting process, are particularly rich in antioxidants. One antioxidant called resveratrol is good at soaking up chemicals responsible for causing blood clots, the primary reason for heart disease.
4. Alcohol can promote good cholesterol in the body. A few studies have shown that those who drink alcohol in moderation have lower rates of heart disease. Many believe the main benefit of alcohol comes from its power to raise HDL cholesterol levels (the good stuff).
5. Reduce the risk of dementia and alzheimer’s. In some studies, moderate drinkers were 23 percent less likely to develop Alzheimer’s disease or signs of serious memory problems than nondrinkers.
So with that in mind your next glass of booze could be doing you some good! But in all seriousness everything in moderation.
“Information provided on this blog is intended for entertainment purposes only and should not be taken as advice”